To get your home in tip-top shape for photos, make sure you follow these tips:
1. Front/Exterior Photographs
Most home buyers begin a home search online, so good photos are essential. Listings without a photo or with only an exterior shot are often passed over and ignored. Buyers are visual. Follow these tips and your house photo will look ten times better than the competition’s:
- Remove vehicles from driveway / front of home.
- Clear away vegetation blocking front door or path to door.
- Mow the lawn & trim bushes.
- Remove evidence of pets.
- Put away children’s toys.
- Put a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch.
- Place a seasonal wreath on your door.
2. Interior Photographs
- Open drapes & blinds
- Turn on lights.
- Remove trash cans & close toilet lids in bathrooms.
- Use floral arrangements in kitchens & dining rooms.
- Declutter – less is more!